Powerwalk & Race Walk
2018 Race Walk and Power Walk Events
Sunday, June 10
Otterbein University Memorial Stadium
135 Center St
Westerville, OH 43081
- Check in opens at 8:00 a.m.
- Walking events will begin at 9:00 a.m. and proceed in the following conescutive order:
- 5K Race Walk
- 5K Power Walk
- 1500M Race Walk
- 1500M Power Walk
- Heat sheet and tournament program will be posted on this page and emailed to all registered athletes on Friday, June 1.
Qualifying for National Senior Games
- Race Walk
- Athletes finishing first, second, third and fourth place in their age group, as well as those meeting the minimum performance standards for their age group, will qualify for competition at the 2019 National Senior Games.
- Minimum performance standards can be viewed in the rules book for the 2019 National Senior Games.
- For 2019 only, Power Walk event will be classified as an “OPEN” event. Athletes do not need to qualify at a 2018 state qualifier.
- Additionally, Power Walk will not count as one of the two sports athletes are limited to - it can be a third sport for 2019 only.
OSO Athlete Information
- All details and events are subject to change.
- Withdrawls and no shows will negatively impact brackets and heats.
- Absolutely no day-of registration is permissible.
- Refunds will not be provided.
- Any weather related cancellations will be broadcast on our sports hotline: 614-901-6887.
- ALL athletes competing in the Ohio Senior Olympics (OSO) are expected to read and comply with the:
- Additionally, athletes should know and understand the rules specific to their sport. The OSO uses the rules book created by the National Senior Games Association for those sports that are offered at the National Senior Games. Rules for those events not offered at the National Senior Games are those of the official organizing body.
- All rules, policies, and code of conduct can be found on the OSO website: www.ohioseniorolympics.org