Sunday, June 24
Please note: There are 13 people who are affected by the different ways the NSGA vs the Masters define age groups. The Master's group athletes based on their age on the day of the event, while the NSGA group athletes based on their age by the end of the calendar year. You will be reported to Nationals for qualification purposes based on your age at the end of the calendar year.
Westerville Community Center Indoor Pool
350 N. Cleveland Ave.
Westerville, OH 43082
- The 2018 State Games Swimming Competition has been approved by US Masters Swimming as an official Masters Swimming Event.
- Athlete check-in opens at 9:00 a.m. and runs until the final event.
- Check-in table will be located on the pool deck.
- Pool opens for warm-up at 9:00 a.m.
- Swim meet to begin at 10:00 a.m.
- The Westerville Community Center competition pool is 25 yards and has 8 lanes.
- The water temperature is kept at a consistent 82 degrees.
- All scratches should be made at the check-in table.
- There is an additional lap pool with 3 lanes that is designated for warm up/cool down during the meet.
- Athletes will have access to the Westerville Community Center locker rooms and showers during the event.
- Events may be combined or moved depending on registered athletes.
- Heat sheets can be found HERE and were emailed to all registered athletes.
Swimming Order of Events
- 100 Fly
- 200 Free
- 50 Breast
- 100 Back
- 400 IM
- 100 Breast
- 200 Back
- 100 IM
- Twenty Minute Break
- 50 Free
- 200 Fly
- 50 Back
- 200 IM^
- 50 Fly
- 100 Free
- 200 Breast
- 500 Free
- Mixed 200 Free*
- Mixed 200 Medley*
*Mixed relays consist of two male and two female swimmers. Swimmers may enter one 200 yard mixed medley relay and one 200 yard mixed freestyle relay. Relays will be entered at the meet (no pre-entry). Relay entry paperwork will be available at the check-in table.
^Deadline to sign up for any mixed relay is the conclusion of the 200 IM.
Qualifying for National Senior Games
- Athletes finishing first, second, third and fourth place in their age group, as well as those meeting the minimum performance standards for their age group, will qualify for competition at the 2019 National Senior Games.
- Minimum performance standards can be viewed in the
rules book for the 2019 National Senior Games.
OSO Athlete Information
- All details and events are subject to change.
- Withdrawls and no shows will negatively impact brackets and heats.
- Absolutely no day-of registration is permissible.
- Refunds will not be provided.
- Any weather related cancellations will be broadcast on our sports hotline: 614-901-6887.
- ALL athletes competing in the Ohio Senior Olympics (OSO) are expected to read and comply with the:
- Additionally, athletes should know and understand the rules specific to their sport. The OSO uses the rules book created by the National Senior Games Association for those sports that are offered at the National Senior Games. Rules for those events not offered at the National Senior Games are those of the official organizing body.
- All rules, policies, and code of conduct can be found on the OSO website: www.ohioseniorolympics.org