16 January 2018
NSGA APPROVES NEW QUALIFYING RULES
Recently, the NSGA Games Committee approved the 2019 rule book - found HERE. Some highligts of the changes are listed below.
- Qualification of a "Limited Event" has been reduced from TWO outside competitions to ONE.
- "Limited Events" for Ohio athletes are: 20K & 40K Cycling Road Race, 5K & 10K Running Road Race, and the Triathlon.
- The 5K & 10K Running Road Races are now "Recipricol Events" - by qualifying in one distance, you have also qualified for the other.
- Power Walking has been added as an "Open Sport" - no qualification is needed to compete at nationals.
- Mixed relays consist of two male and two female swimmers were added for 2019. Swimmers may enter one 200 yard mixed medley relay and one 200 yard mixed freestyle relay. Relays will be entered at the meet (no pre-entry).